- Is my date available?
- Bristlecone still has available dates in 2021 and are booking into 2022. For your specific date, please contact our booking manager to check availability.
- How many other weddings will be booked that day?
- We want your day to be as special as you are. Because of this, we will only book one event per day, giving you exclusive use of Bristlecone for you wedding day.
- What is the seating arrangement?
- We have carefully designed 3 custom seating arrangements for you to choose from for your special day, or you can create your own. Each arrangement was designed with you and your guests in mind, to ensure your special day is the most memorable.
- How many guests does the venue hold?
- Bristlecone can accommodate from 100 guests to 400 guests. Our custom designed arrangements utilize the venue and spacing for any size wedding.
- Is there a space for a cocktail hour?
- Yes, your guests will enjoy a multi-leveled cocktail area with built in seat benches overlooking the venue and set against the tall pines.
- How long do we have at the venue? How much are additional hours?
- Included in your package is six hours of event time for your special day and two hours prior for set-up/decorating and access to the bridal suite. Additional hours may be purchased, please inquire with the booking manager for details.
- Is parking and/or valet parking available?
- Yes, onsite parking is available and we can accommodate up to 400 guests. Valet is available at an additional charge if so desire and required for events with 200 guests or greater.
- Is public transportation easily accessible from the venue?
- Due to our mountainous location, public transportation is not easily accessible from our venue. Ride companies like UBER and LYFT will not come to our location. It is recommended that all guests keep this in mind when making arrangements.
- If an outdoor venue: Is there a backup plan for rain?
- Being a scenic outdoor venue, we are susceptible to a change in weather. In the event of inclement weather, we recommend you have tent option available for the reception area that would keep you and your guests comfortable and ensure your special day continues as planned.
- Are there restrictions for the photographer in terms of flash usage?
- We encourage your photographer to enjoy the rustic back drop and multiple picturesque locations to capture your special day. Therefore, no photographic restrictions.
- Is there somewhere secure to store wedding gifts?
- Unfortunately, we do not have a separate secure area for your wedding gifts. We encourage you to have a plan prior to the event day to handle your gifts and cards.
Music and sound
- Can the venue accommodate a DJ or live band?
- Yes, the venue can handle both a DJ and live band allowing you the opportunity to personalize your day.
- Is there a dance floor?
- What would a reception be without a space to dance the night away. We have ample space for your guests to dance in our custom reception arrangements.
- Do you have a sound system with speakers, or microphones?
- We want your day to be perfect, so we allow your DJ or chosen entertainment to set up their own professional equipment to ensure all of their needs are met and your sound and music are just as you want. We do not have an in house sound system for this reason.
Noise Restrictions and CurfewThe sound decibel at Bristlecone is 75 decibels. We monitor this constantly to ensure we are responsible neighbors to those that live near us. This ordinance is County wide and no venue can exceed these decibels. Bass levels must be turned down as low as possible and sub woofers are prohibited. Bristlecone events must end by 10PM and music is shut down 1/2 hour prior to the end of the events ensuring plenty of time for final good-byes and to see bride and groom off. All guests must be off property 1/2 hour after event time ends and vendors one hour after contract time ends.
Vendors, food, and rentals
- Is there a required/preferred vendor list to stick to? Can we use other vendors?
- Our in house catering is included in all of our inclusive wedding packages. Aside of that, you are welcomed to use the vendors of your choice to allow you the ability to personalize your special day to you.
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware, and glassware provided, or will we have to rent them or get them?
- With our wedding package, these items are included.
- If catering is available, can we do a tasting?
- Of course! Before your final menu is chosen, we offer a menu tasting for bride & groom to be.
- Can I bring in a cake from an outside baker?
- We realize that every bride has a special cake in mind for her wedding day, so we absolutely allow you to bring in a cake form your own baker.
- Is there a cake-cutting fee?
- Cake cutting is included with all of our inclusive wedding packages, making one less task for you to coordinate.
- Can I bring my own booze and is there a corkage fee?
- If you choose the bar & bar services upgrade to your wedding package, you are allowed to bring in your own alcohol. Our bartenders will work with you directly to plan with you the needed items for your wedding day.
- When can we get access to the space to decorate/set up?
- Access to the venue is allowed for set up/decorating and is detailed in your event contract. Optional upgrades and additional times are available if desired. During this time is when all vendor deliveries can be made.
- How long do we have to clean up/tear down?
- After you reception concludes, you will have one hour to gather your decorations and personal belongings.
- What are the restrictions for decor (including what you can and can’t toss, lighting restrictions, what you can hang from the ceiling and on the walls, candles, etc.)?
- We want you to personalize your wedding exactly as you want, but keeping in mind our natural surrounding and mountain environment, there are some limitations needed to protect the mountains and animals. Please see our policies section for specifics.
Staffing and coordination
- Is there an on-site venue manager?
- Yes, included in all our wedding packages is an on-site venue manager to answer all your questions.
- How much assistance can I get with the set up/decor?
- In order to assure the vision you have in mind is actualized, we do not assist with any additional decorations outside of what is included in event contract.
- Do you have signage to direct guests to the wedding?
- We want you to be able to personalize all aspects of your wedding day, so specific signage is the clients responsibility.
- Can the wedding party get ready at the venue? Are there any suites or private rooms available to get ready or have alone time?
- We understand every bride needs space to get ready and prepare for this most special day. Included in all our wedding packages is use of our gorgeaous bridal suite.
- What overnight accommodations do you provide?
- At this time, we do not offer overnight stay at our location.
- Bristlecone is pet friendly. If you wish your favorite pet to be a part of your wedding, we are happy to accommodate you. Please make sure that you bring a crate for your pet after the ceremony ad pets are not allowed in the reception area unless designated as a service animal.
Money, payments, and liability
- Is there a discount for an off-season date or Sunday through Friday?
- Bristlecone does offer a discounted rate for Sunday & Friday dates.
- How much is the deposit, and when is it due?
- In order to secure your special day, a $2,000 non-refundable deposit is required and due at time of contract signing.
- Do we need any insurance or permits?
- For all events held at Bristlecone, a liability insurance policy will be required.